Looking for 1985 1C5 "California" Iroc articles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 1985 1C5 "California" Iroc articles

If you happen to know of any magazine or book articles on this rare Camaro would you let me know where you have seen them. I'm trying to get more information on this car. If anyone else is interested in this model I can post what I do know about them along with some pictures. Thanks.

Re: Looking for 1985 1C5 "California" Iroc articles

New photo links:

Comment

Very nice car. I found another forum where the 1C5 has been discussed. It mentioned the magazine Camaro Performance. There was a magazine Camaro World that may or may not have had an article about the 1C5 (this is from my memory) Good luck.

http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/histo...12-camaro.html
      1977 Type LT Rally Sport
      1957 Chevy Bel Air
      1990 GMC Sierra

Comment

Very nice car. I found another forum where the 1C5 has been discussed. It mentioned the magazine Camaro Performance. There was a magazine Camaro World that may or may not have had an article about the 1C5 (this is from my memory) Good luck.

http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/histo...12-camaro.html
        1977 Type LT Rally Sport
        1957 Chevy Bel Air
        1990 GMC Sierra

Comment

Hello Jim Kirk. I'm familiar with the Camaro Performers article about the 1C5 "California IROC". In fact Tony Huntimer who writes the section titled Tony's Garage in that magazine used to own a red one back in 1985. I spoke with him on the phone about the one he used to own and got its Vin# which he still had. I'm trying to track down how many are still around. That particular one he used to own got stolen when new. They eventually found it with some damage, but I think that he didn't take it back. As I remember he had a picture of it with his cat standing beside it.

I also heard about the article on the 1C5 IROC in a Camaro World magazine back in 1989 or 1990 but have never been able to find a copy of it. If anyone finds it please let me know. There is a thread about my car at thirdgen.org as you listed above. Thanks for the info.
          Last edited by 1C5 IROC; 01-22-2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Hello Jim Kirk. I'm familiar with the Camaro Performers article about the 1C5 "California IROC". In fact Tony Huntimer who writes the section titled Tony's Garage in that magazine used to own a red one back in 1985. I spoke with him on the phone about the one he used to own and got its Vin# which he still had. I'm trying to track down how many are still around. That particular one he used to own got stolen when new. They eventually found it with some damage, but I think that he didn't take it back. As I remember he had a picture of it with his cat standing beside it.

I also heard about the article on the 1C5 IROC in a Camaro World magazine back in 1989 or 1990 but have never been able to find a copy of it. If anyone finds it please let me know. There is a thread about my car at thirdgen.org as you listed above. Thanks for the info.
            Last edited by 1C5 IROC; 01-22-2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

The 1C5 rpo code was the California Promotional Package on dealer invoices for an IROC that GM produced only for California dealerships to sell. You couldn't directly order one with the options you wanted as you could on other models. It came deleted of all striping, Iroc logos, and TPI logos which you couldn't delete until the 1988 models as a DX3 rpo code. It had no hood louvers, or rear spoiler, items which you've never been able to delete on an IROC. It did have all the IROC ground effects, 16" Aluminum wheels, (LB9) TPI 215 hp engine, came only with a 700 R4 transmission, fog lights, all the IROC suspension parts and 3.42 rear gears which I think weren't available in 1985 on the standard Z28. It was known as the wolf in sheep's clothing since it looked like a stock camaro, yet had all the IROC options. It is a very rare model that came in only 2 colors, red and black. I've read that 502 were produced with a variety of options. That is why I'd like to find out what the rpo Z5V might be. I've only seen 2 other 1C5 IROC Z28. One car is featured on camarosource.ca. and that is the only site that has the 1C5 rpo listed as being a real GM option of all the rpo sites I've looked at on line. I've also put a picture of my car's SPID code on that web site. That web site is also trying to find out what the rpo Z5V might be. In the past an rpo with a Z, then a number, then another letter were performance packages, deletion packages, and GM specialty built cars such as, taxi, police, military, and what else? My "California" IROC as they are called is red in color, with original paint, a black deluxe interior, and T-tops. It is the only completely original 1C5 I know of to date. It is also in mint, excellent condition. I have the car's dealer invoice, window sticker, and history. I'd like to talk to those that have seen other "California" IROC Z28s. If you know of any magazine articles or books on the "California" IROCZ would you please post the information.
              Last edited by 1C5 IROC; 02-01-2015, 01:52 PM. Reason: posted pictures already

Comment

Working...
              X