Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winternationals 12

Pretty dead on the site...
    Anyway I just wanted everyone to know that the Winternational registration is up.
    Mine is in and I have my hotel reserved.
    Mike C
    1967 Camaro RS
    WWC Member

http://www.facebook.com/MikeCio1
    www.fquick.com/mikecio1
    sigpic[

Re: Winternationals 12

Thanks for the info. I presume the Winter National is down in Florida.
    1977 Type LT Rally Sport
    1957 Chevy Bel Air
    1990 GMC Sierra

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Kirk View Post
      Thanks for the info. I presume the Winter National is down in Florida.
      Yes they are sir.
      Hopefully one day you will make it here!
      Mike C
      1967 Camaro RS
      WWC Member

www.fquick.com/mikecio1
      sigpic[

Comment

Thanks for keeping the site going, Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jimj View Post
          Thanks for keeping the site going, Mike
          I try to check this every couple days or so.
          It seems most people are still on other sites like Chirtpthird (4th gen site now 5th)...
          I think they feel Chevrolet supports that site because of the postings by certain people.
          Then there is lots of other competition from Generation specific site also.
          1st gen sites like Team Camaro or CRG. I use CRG alot because of the experts that are there.
          2nd and 3rd gen sites like NastyZ28
          4th Chirpthird (covering 5th also)
          Then the 5th gen folks are all at Camaro 5.

This site really never found its calling or definition. Then people are mad at Ecklers for business decisions they made. Like doing away with WWC as a "real" club. Doing away with the magazine. It seems they give more support to the tri-5 people then Camaro people. Decisions on shows and such.
          People find this site, sign up but there is no support from Ecklers for example you ask a 2nd gen question and nobody answers it. If I worked there I would check this everyday and make an effort to find the person an answer and where to get the part. I had to post up on the Winternationals? That should be their job. If they dont generate excitement about the site who will?

OK I am done with my 2cents

BTW Dave Smith (TazmanSS) has a forum also, that include particpation by Classic Camaro of Central Florida. Its called High Octane Club.
          Mike C
          1967 Camaro RS
          WWC Member

www.fquick.com/mikecio1
          sigpic[

Comment

You've prettywell summed it up, Mike.
            Ecklers have designated people to call/write/email for help and info for 55-57 and 58-72. I agree if they did the same for all year Camaros, I think it would increase interest in this site immensely. Anyone listening out there?

Comment

After reading this post, I felt it necessary to respond since it was my idea
              to create the WCC web site for club members. The forum was designed to provide information as well as offer assistance to those members who have technical questions. Over the years it worked well since many of the WCC members offered solutions to many tech problems that helped others resolve their tech issues. Although I am no longer employed by Ecklers, I'm still a Camaro enthusiast, and as such I'm willing to assist any member who needs help. I also want to inform WCC members that Ecklers/Rick's Camaro has an excellent Tech Rep named Chris Compton who has years of experience and is available Monday thru Friday to assist you. I hope to see my fellow Camaro enthusiast at the upcoming Daytona Beach Dream Cruise and the Winternationals.
              Last edited by Camaro502z; 09-01-2011, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Hi Thomas!
                I will remember that name. Since Andrew left I really didnt have a "hook' anymore there.
                I do speak to Cozy every so often.

Since you left Ecklers, you know the site isnt as active... Just Saying!

I am hoping to make it to the dream cruise. If I do I will let you know where we will be.

And of course I will be at the Winternats in Feb.
                Mike C
                1967 Camaro RS
                WWC Member

www.fquick.com/mikecio1
                sigpic[

Comment

Hey Mike, good to hear from you. Chris Compton is an excellenct contact, and since you have a 1st Gen Camaro, this is what Chris really specializes in.

The Daytona Beach Dream Cruise is going to really be a blast, since they changed the location to A1A so you can cruise, then sit in your lawn chairs and watch the cars while drinking soda's. I'm sure that you guys won't be disappointed. Now where did I put my soda?

Comment

Just as a 'heads up'. This resort chain requires you to pay for the first night at time of booking. Although it may be risky, you might want to wait a few months rather than have your $150.00+/- tied up for 5 months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by jimj View Post
                      Just as a 'heads up'. This resort chain requires you to pay for the first night at time of booking. Although it may be risky, you might want to wait a few months rather than have your $150.00+/- tied up for 5 months or so.
                      Most of the hotels are now requireing that type of deposit.
                      I paid for the winternationals already and daytona.
                      If I wait too long I am always afraid I will miss out on a discounted room.
                      Mike C
                      1967 Camaro RS
                      WWC Member

www.fquick.com/mikecio1
                      sigpic[

Comment

OK, only 3 months to the Winternationals...
                        I should start cleaning my car now...
                        Mike C
                        1967 Camaro RS
                        WWC Member

www.fquick.com/mikecio1
                        sigpic[

Comment

Mike I saw your car at the recent Daytona Beach show and from what I observed you're all set for the Winter Nationals show. If you bring your car on Thursday, I have a friend with a shop and 6 lifts, and we can clean the underside if you drive it to the show. Once it's clean, I can trailer it back to the show and you will be all set... Just a thought!

Comment

Something to consider, Thanks!
                            Mike C
                            1967 Camaro RS
                            WWC Member

www.fquick.com/mikecio1
                            sigpic[

Comment

Its almost here!!
                              How many from here are going. Be sure to let yourself be known; its always cool to put a face to a name.

Comment

Working...
                              X