PDA

View Full Version : Summer Show Car Count....

Camaro502z
07-08-2008, 01:12 PM
This summer's car shows show a steady decline in the number of cars in attendance at car shows. I base this on several factors, Gas prices, loss of jobs, and lack of interest in the car show scene. Those of you that have been involved in putting on a car show certainly understand the amount of work required to make sure everything goes smoothly. Details like hotels, vendors, parking lot security, insurance, tours, judging, and awards all play a part in ensuring that everyone has a good time and that they can't wait until next years show. I'm sure that there will be a decline in shows for 2009 season based mostly on attendance during the 2008 show season. More and more people are saving for a rainy day and keeping their travels closer to home and that's certainly understandable but they also must keep in mind that it's harder to revive a show once it's gone. Many Camaro enthusiast are diehard show attendees, and they would not miss a show if their checkbook permits the travel.

My only suggestion would be to find a Camaro show that you really want to attend and plan on attending just one major show, until we rebound from these economic issues. What's your thoughts?

RedZ
07-08-2008, 07:19 PM
From all of the shows that I have attended this year the attendance has been down and everyone that I have spoken to has had the same response - fuel costs! I keep seeing more and more cars at all of the local cruise-ins and I think that once everyone sees that the higher fuel costs are here to stay, things will rebound. This hobby is here to stay, so let's cross our fingers.:cool:

jimj
07-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Interesting, although perhaps predictable. Personally, we'd plan to attend two 'major' shows this summer in additional to local activity. We've cancelled plans for these two, mainly due to cost to participate, ie fuel costs.:(

Camaro502z
07-09-2008, 03:00 PM
I also hear the same comments, and fuel cost seem to be the real decision maker. This is a shame because the end result will be the cancellation of some really good car shows. Unfortunately there's no quick fix, since many in the gasoline industry are making real profits off the high cost of gas.

2002Z4CSS
07-14-2008, 07:21 AM
I normally will go to 4-5 out of state shows but this year so far just the Ontario Camaro Nationals is the only out of state show I attended. Just only have so much cash to go around with the high fuel prices and everthing else we but costing more. :eek:

MikeCio1
07-14-2008, 01:47 PM
I was going to try to go to Atlanta this year and maybe Indy. But instead its local and Camarofest (I did the winternats). Maybe the BOPC show..

jimj
07-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Greg, how did you like the Ont. Nats. with the changed format?

2002Z4CSS
07-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Greg, how did you like the Ont. Nats. with the changed format?

I liked the OCC Nationals this year due to the non judging by the club members. I used to spend so much time cleaning my car that I would hardly get a chance to see the other people and their cars. They did a top 10 in each generation that was picked by the attendees of the show. :)