PDA

View Full Version : Possible Bad News For.....

Camaro502z
01-25-2008, 08:11 AM
http://www.thestar.com/article/297313

MikeCio1
01-25-2008, 08:28 AM
I heard on another board that GM might not go ahead with other ZETA cars in Canada and bring ops to Michigan. Leaving the Camaro the only car being built there. I am sure GM isnt spending all that money on a plant just to build one car. These workers just need to be patient. The new CAFE standards have everything in an internal up roar with future projects. Also remeber GM is a Michigan based company and thier first responsisbility should be to that economy.

I wouldnt be that upset if the new Camaro was put back a few months. I need at least another 14 months to save for a down payment :o

jimj
01-25-2008, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=MikeCio1;5246]I heard on another board that GM might not go ahead with other ZETA cars in Canada and bring ops to Michigan. Leaving the Camaro the only car being built there. I am sure GM isnt spending all that money on a plant just to build one car. These workers just need to be patient. The new CAFE standards have everything in an internal up roar with future projects. >>(Also remeber GM is a Michigan based company and thier first responsisbility should be to that economy.)<<

The Canadian workers have made some real concessions - 'The General' Must keep his word!!:(

MikeCio1
01-26-2008, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=jimj;5247 The Canadian workers have made some real concessions - 'The General' Must keep his word!!:([/QUOTE]

American workers havent? I have releatives in Michigan that are directly effected by these decisions.

You can try but you cant control and predict the future of the economy. And you must make business decicions to protect your company.

I dont like to talk politics on these boards so I am done commenting.

Opinions just seem to get people in an up roar.

jimj
01-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Me too, but a deal is a deal, regardless of whom GM is dealing with.