PDA

View Full Version : Camaro needs WWC help in FL. Around the country too!

MikeCio1
04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
When I was at a local car show last night they had some flyers for up coming events. Some were just open class shows, you know cruise in's. But some had judgeing classes. GM Muscle, Ford 55-60, GM full size, Nova. Any way the point is the Mustang class, 64 thru presant! Of Course there was no Camaro class at all!
Then I saw a Mike Kellys Cruise News, alot of local shows use this medium to get the word out about there event, alot of people read this. So I was thinking...
Maybe Thomas could write an article about the Camaro and you know how they dont make them anymore the importance of the car in automotive history. And how they are under appriciated...
Then wrap it up by saying that 67-02 should not be forgotten in the local arena. Then see if it can get publised in the Cruise News. So what do you think there big guy?
Then maybe it can be sent out around the country to be publised in other local magazines and start getting the cars the respect they deserve.
Just because WWC dont publish a magazine anymore maybe you all can get the word out by being publised in other mags...
Just a suggestion.

Camaro502z
04-29-2007, 04:27 PM
That's an excellent idea and I will contact the folks at Crusing News and send them a story which I will copy you. In my opinion you would have to live on another planet not to realize the importance Camaros are to automotive history. I still don't understand how car shows looking for car count, restricts the years of vehicles. I think this is why I enjoy shows like F-Body Gathering, Camaro Superfest, and the Camaro Nationals so much. Our show in Detroit will be extremely large, and I believe 2007 will be a year to remember!

1969RS
05-02-2007, 05:13 PM
....everyone understands that Tom, except for Ecklers.:(

MikeCio1
05-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I CC'd you a copy of an e-mail I sent to those show guys...they still never answered me...
losers :p

Camaro502z
05-03-2007, 07:30 AM
That's a shame because, car shows are big business, and it's a proven fact that having car shows bring patrons to businesses, and these patrons spend dollars. A perfect example is "Old Town" Kissimmee, Florida, which draws thousand each weekend because of the car shows and the cruises on the brick streets. This is a fun place to go on weekends, but people like to see something new not the same old cars. How do you improve this, simply by ads in the local cruise and news & listening to the feedback from car people!

MikeCio1
05-03-2007, 09:16 AM
It was the Venice chapter of the AACA. I guess the chapter answers to a bigger organization. Maybe they get thier orders from them?
Usually anything with the word Antique attached to it comes up I find the folks running it are snobby.

Maybe you guys have a hook and you can contact this organization and find out why they hate Camaros?

Camaro502z
05-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Hot Rodders, Muscle Cars, and Street Machines could all enjoy the hobby if they weren't such individualist. We all need each other to help continue the sport we enjoy so much. That being said, Hot Rodders tend to only appreciate pre-50's vehicles, Muscle Cars, think that blowers are the only go fast cars, and street machiners don't care. We've been contacted by all sorts of groups asking for donations for car show although their flyers don't mention Camaros, and you can guess how long it takes for me to reply. We more tha 4 million Camaros built, we should never have a problem filling parking lots with Camaros. Tonight I will attend our weekly "Friday night" show and there's a good mixture of cars, but I go just to hang out with the fellows and talk about what else "Cars"