PDA

View Full Version : A Message From Scott.....

Camaro502z
11-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Good afternoon, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

Greetings from the Los Angeles international Auto Show -- (where, by the way, the Orange Camaro Concept Convertible is still causing quite a stir........)

I've always been proud to be a part of the General Motors Family -- from the time my uncle signed his first Sales and Service Agreement to become a Chevy Dealer -- to the day my father signed a similar agreement; ............from the day over 30 years ago that I went to work for Chevrolet Motor Division -- to days like this.

And while there have been times it's been kinda hard to keep that pride, -- there are days like January 9, 2006 (the day we unveiled the new Camaro) -- or days like today -- when our Vice Chairman, Bob Lutz, made some introductions and **significant** announcements that have a major impact in the automotive world --

..............and days like these make it all worth while and make me so very proud................

Yes, there will be a few that 'pooh-pooh' what you read below -- but I know that you are all GM Enthusiasts -- and you probably want to know that GM is a leader in fuel economy AND fuel solutions -- and we intend to be that leader from here on out.............

There are also a few things he has doesn't mention in his blog below -- one being "Project Driveway" where we'll be putting over 100 Equinox Fuel Cell Vehicles on the road in New York, Los Angeles, and Washington DC over the next few months. The only emissions from the tailpipe? Water vapor! Then there's the Volt Concept which we've committed to building. Imagine a car that can be driven up to 40 miles each day that will never burn a drop of gas! Yet -- if you want to drive it across this great nation of ours, a small on-board engine will recharge the battery........

Naturally, as Camaro Enthusiasts, we're all just bursting at the seams to see (and drive and hopefully buy) the new Camaro. Trust me: If you liked the concept, you will LOVE the production model! It's a jaw-dropper!

Yes -- there have been times where it's been hard for you to be a GM enthusiast -- but we hope that today gives you another reason to stay with us.

In closing: I can never say this enough: THANK YOU -- for your continued enthusiasm for the Camaro and Firebird -- and for your continued support of General Motors. We're blessed to have you as our customer!

See you on the road!

Scott

brian2001ss
11-15-2007, 07:38 PM
So what would it take to convince Scott to bring one of those concepts down to the Winternationals.:p